1. Corona Centennial – This season begins with a few questions in the roster, with dynamic players like QB Tanner Mckee graduating. There is no question about Head Coach Matt Logan. Logan once again finds a way to continue his dominance and carry the torch for the Inland Empire.
2. Cajon – The Cowboys were CIF section and state champs last season and did it in grand fashion. All everything defensive end Jeremiah Martin is gone, but the young “JEDI” QB Jayden Daniels is back for his final campaign. The Cowboys are loaded with talent, versatile linebacker Johnathan Perkins and wide receiver Darren Jones lead the way. Head Coach Nick Rogers may have his fair share of job offers after this season.
3. Upland – Upland QB David Baldwin’s departure is huge, but we are talking Upland here! With a team full of mostly juniors, Upland almost got it done last season. With seniors Simon Samarzich, Taj Davis, and Cam Davis the Scots will be ready to bring a ring to Coach Salter this year. There is also this junior on the team named Justin Flowe called “BABY MAN” who may be the best player in the country.
4. Norco – Coach Chuck Chastain keeps the Norco Cougars competitive every season. If it were not for being in the same league as Centennial, Norco may have several league titles this decade. Never a team team that backs down from a battle, Norco’s schedule continues to have one of the most challenging schedules in southern California.
5. Rancho Verde – The Mustangs brought home a CIF title last season under Coach Jeff Steinberg, soon after Coach Steinberg surprised everyone and moved on to coach Beaumont High School. Then the unthinkable happened former Head Coach Pete Duffy returned to be the new Head Coach. What Coach Duffy can flat out do is coach, and he has a bevy of talented players in the fold such as Jaxen Turner, Jamar Simpson, and transfer Ty McCullouch. The “CHO” Boys are back!
6. Vista Murrieta – The Broncos have their 3rd head coach in recent years in new Head Coach Eric Peterson. Coach Peterson served as an assistant coach on the staff with Candeale and knows the high Vista Murrieta football expectations. The natives are getting restless and want to see the Broncos back at the top in league and in the post season. The good news is, Vista Murrieta always has talent. Look for a big push this season.
7. Murrieta Valley – Top national QB recruit Hank Bachmeier starts his grand finale at Murrieta Valley. The offensive numbers that the Nighthawks have put up with Bachmeier under center have been record breaking! The air assault will continue this season.
8. Rancho Cucamonga – No school was hit harder in the off season more than Rancho Cucamonga. Long time Head Coach Nick Biaz stepped down and potential 5 star juniors Jeremiah Criddell and Sean Dollars both took their talents to Mater Dei High School. New Head Coach Mark Verti takes over this year, there will not be much transition because he served as offensive coordinator the past 3 years. On the field defensive back Mark Perry will carry on the tradition of “DBU”. Look for speedy Silas Bolden to play all over the field, he is a touchdown waiting to happen.
9. Redlands East Valley – The Bruich era is over at REV, it sounds strange just saying it. A new coach will be on the sidelines for the Wildcats this year, it will be Coach Richard Lunsford formerly of Arlington High School. All eyes will be on REV this season to see if the school’s rich football tradition will continue to carry on.
10. Citrus Valley – CIF State champion Head Coach Kurt Bruich brings his magic to Citrus Valley taking over for Coach Smolin. The city of Redlands awaits, to see if Bruich can do it again with the Blackhawks.
TEAMS TO WATCH: Aquinas, Chino Hills, Citrus Hill, Los Osos, & Yucaipa