1. Corona Centennial – You have to respect success, and you have to really respect sustained success. It’s a new season, but its the same old Matt Logan. The Huskies may have their best quarterback ever in the super talented Tanner McKee.
2. Upland – Coach Salter has a talented crew of underclassmen who may be a year away, which makes us think this might actually be their year! Baldwin, Flowe, Samarzich, and Jones have us seeing “green this season”.
3. Norco – We happens when you play a really aggressive pre-season schedule, is you either get better or get beat down. Norco has gotten better and seems to love playing the best schools and this says alot about their mentality. Alabama commit Jarrett Bell leads a nasty bunch of bruisers for Coach Chastain this season.
4. Rancho Cucamonga – What you need to know about this team is that they may have the best running back tandem in the IE and potentially school history with Dollars & Alexander. The defense, as always, is talented with tons of hungry secondary players. Jeremiah Criddell may be the best player in the class of 2019.
5. Murrieta Valley – Junior QB Hank Bachmeier is a touchdown passing machine. This season he still has Mr. Spiker to throw to and possibly break state records in receiving. Look for more of the same from the Nighthawks, high scoring and fast paced. If the defense shows up big, look out.
6. Vista Murrieta – Since IE Preps Magazine has covered high school football Vista Murrieta has never been lower than #3 in our pre-season rankings. The Broncos has an adjustment year losing Candale and having a new man in Coach Olson. We believe this year Vista Murrieta bounces back, the game versus Murrieta Valley this season will never mean more.
7. Cajon – Guess what Inland Empire? Cajon is good, and we must say LOADED. Coach Rogers has a bevy of talented players suiting up this season for the Cowboys. QB Jayden Daniels, is a real problem for opposing defenses and defensive end Jeremiah Martin looks like he belongs in the SEC right now! Remember these other 3 names for Cajon as well: Jones, Perkins, and Fortune.
8. Redlands East Valley – It’s still in REV we trust, but finding a quarterback to run the machine is not always easy. Not to mention losing perhaps the defensive player in the nation in Jaelan Phillips, the Wildcats will look for new leaders.
9. Heritage – You already know the Patriots are one of the best football programs in the IE every season. This year is more of the same, the only question is will they continue to hold off Paloma Valley?
10. Citrus Hill – Zomalt’s teams always seem to be in the thick of things at the end of the season. We have no doubt that this season will be
11. Aquinas – Please don’t label this team small time. Aquinas is a super talented team and good have the IE’s most underrated player in Branden Rankins.
12. Paloma Valley – The new coach at Paloma Valley is blessed with veteran QB Chance Nolan and defensive studs Mills and Bradshaw. If they could only find a way to be Heritage.
13. Roosevelt – Coach Leach has his Mustangs ready to make a run this season. All World Chase Williams should make plays all season, while QB Jeremy Moussa will be ready to spread the ball all over the field.
14. Chino Hills – This is a young Huskies team, but don’t be fooled by their youth. Coach Stevens has his guys fired up to make some noise in the Baseline
15. Yucaipa – This has to be one of the most physical teams in the IE. Add some speed to that hard hitting and you have a heck of a team. Coach Price is one of the IE’s most underrated coaches. He will have the fastest man in Asani Hampton.
16. Don Lugo – Bethley might be the best running back in the IE, and offensive lineman Randazzo is a dancing bear who can maul anyone he faces.
17. Rancho Verde – The Mustangs always have talent. Coach Steinberg always gets the most out of his teams on and off the field.
18. Redlands – The Terriers are back! We have Redlands shaking up things this season in their league. The city of Redlands has been warned.
19. Oak Hills – A new coach, who is the old coach.. is back. The Bulldogs will be fine this season even with a coaching change. Look out for offensive lineman Jason Rodriguez.
20. Corona – Coach Gueringer fresh off a CIF title moves over to Corona. Look for highly rated wide out Manuel Allen to put up big numbers at his new school.
TEAMS TO WATCH: Citrus Valley, Colony, Etiwanda, Great Oak, Pacific