Starting The Year Off Right
The new school year is almost here! So let’s do a little “Spring Cleaning” in terms of cleansing yourself of bad study habits, counterproductive practices and negative thoughts about YOUR educational journey.
Yes, freshman year matters, NO senior year is not a time to “just relax”…and here are few more items I think we should make clean and tidy in this season 🌟
- Have you already selected your classes for next year?
- Could you be a candidate to take an Advanced Placement or Honors course? You need to challenge yourself! Select a class that is of interest to you that offers rigor and personal stimulation.
- Collegeboard reports that Computer Principles is an excellent introduction into Advanced Placement coursework. Consider your strengths and talk with your Counselor today about what is offered at your school.
- Who are you following on Social Media?
- Trust me…I know everyone wants to see Stormy’s most recent baby pic or how Cardi B is “doin’ it for the gram” but what scholarships has @Myscholly posted on Twitter or have you downloaded the Raise Me app so you can earn 💲💲 for your highest grades. You can spend time on social media saving yourself money for college.
- And with regard to be social…when is the last time you checked your e-mail? Colleges and universities correspond frequently using e-mail. Pay attention to deadlines and important info sent electronically.
- What are your plans for summer?
- Maybe a family trip or outing is on your agenda which is always a good look however you also need to spend time planning for the upcoming school year. I do want you to enjoy your summer but I also want you to maximize the time you have to prepare for your next steps.
- What internships await you? Summer School courses you need to take? Volunteer opportunities? Etc…commit to set aside a few days each week this summer to update your high school career plan!
This info was brought to you by Speakeasy The Noaveyar Way, LLC, a business that is “your personal invitation to enlightenment.” Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
-Noaveyar Lee, M.A., P.P.S.C.